16 Days Around Mexico
avg per person
Mexico has attracted foreign visitors beginning in the early nineteenth century, cultural festivals, colonial cities, nature reserves and the beach resorts. The nation's temperate climate and unique culture – a fusion of the European and the Mesoamerican are attractive to tourists.
On arrival, transfer to hotel and free time. You will receive information about the start of the circuit during the afternoon, or you can check the informative panels in the hotel reception area. IMPORTANT - IF YOU REQUESTED ADDITIONAL NIGHTS on arrival at the hotel you will have your booking made but the guide of your trip will normally not arrive until the start of the included activities. YOUR TIME BEFORE THIS MOMENT IS THEREFORE FREE. At your hotel they can help you with all the information you need. NB: The schedules you will find in this itinerary are approximate. The guide, depending on the situation and in order to improve the development of the circuit, may adjust the schedules.
Today we have a fantastic day acquaint ourselves with Mexico. We include a sightseeing tour of the city. We will visit the Plaza of Three Cultures, and the historic centre in which the Zócalo (main square) and its Metropolitan Cathedral stand out, the main Aztec temple, Chapultepec Park, the “Paseo de la Reforma” Avenue and the other main avenues of this impressive city. At the end of the visit we travel to the BASILICA OF GUADALUPE, the most visited Catholic temple in the Americas where the Virgin of Guadalupe is found. There we will be able to explore the old basilica dating back to the 18th Century and also the modern temple. In the afternoon we travel to the neighbourhood of XOCHIMILCO, a wonderful place with its canals and semi-floating gardens. Here we include a ride in a “trajinera”, one of the boats festooned with flowers. In the evening we include a transfer to the Plaza de GARIBALDI, with its many bars, restaurants and bars where tacos and tequila are served and the Mariachis sing. Dinner is included in a traditional restaurant.
Mexico City , Morelia , Janitzio , Patzcuaro
Total distance by road: 380 km Scenery: Pleasant mountain landscapes. 07.30 h.- Mexico –Departure-. We enter the state of Michocaín and its lush, green countryside. 12:30 h.- MORELIA –Arrival- . The centre of the splendid capital of Michoacán is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with its magnificent cathedral, large busy square and aqueduct. Time to explore and have lunch. 15.00 h.- Morelia –Departure- . 16.15 h.- Pátzcuaro Lake –Arrival-. Visit to the beautiful Pátzcuaro Lake, in the Purépecha region, where we take a boat to JANITZIO Island. After a 25-minute crossing, we reach this pretty town with its busy streets, restaurants and arts and crafts shops. Time to explore. 18.30 h.- We return from the island in our small boat and continue our journey. 19.00h. - PATZCUARO, arrival to the pretty colonial town with the basilica of Our Lady of Health and the House of Eleven Patios, now an arts and crafts centre. Accommodation in in this “magical town”.
Patzcuaro , Chapala , Tlaquepaque , Guadalajara
Total distance: 350 km Scenery: Pretty countryside near Chapala Lake. 08:30 h.- Pátzcuaro –Departure-. We set out for the state of Jalisco where we visit Chapala lake, the largest natural lake in Mexico, set amidst mountains. 13:00 h.- CHAPALA, time to wander around and have lunch in this small tourist resort near the lake. 15:00 h.- Chapala –Departure-. 16.00 h.- TLAQUEPAQUE arrival to this quarter, with its pretty streets filled with shops and arts and crafts centres. Free time to explore. 17.15 hrs.- Tlaquepaque. Departure. 17.45 h.- GUADALAJARA. –Arrival- Free time and then in the late afternoon we will go to a typical restaurant, "Casa Bariachi" where we will enjoy dinner (included) accompanied by the songs of the Mariachis.
In the morning we include a visit to Guadalajara, the modern metropolis with its colonial historic centre, its cathedral, its market, its Tapatía square. We will enter the Cabañas Hospice, declared Unesco World Heritage. After the visit, we will go on to the next town of TEQUILA, we include entrance to the MUNDO CUERVO distillery and will see how this famous Mexican drink is made (entrance and tasting included). After this, time for a stroll and lunch in the picturesque town of Tequila. After lunch, we return to Guadalajara.
Guadalajara , Guanajuato
Total distance: 275 km 09:00 h.- Guadalajara –Departure-. 12:45 h.- GUANAJUATO – Arrival-. Free time to have lunch, followed by a two-hour visit with a local guide to this beautiful university city and World Heritage Site, with its narrow, steep streets and churches. The visit ends with a trip on the funicular railway to admire the view from “el Pípila”, followed by free time. Visitors who are interested can visit the impressive “Mummies’ Museum”. Note: The cable car to the Pipila is currently under restoration and closed to tourism. During these works we will use an alternative transportation.
Guanajuato , Dolores Hidalgo , San Miguel De Allende , Queretaro
Total distance: 170 km Scenery: Attractive mountain scenery between Guanajuato and Dolores Hidalgo. 08:30 h.- Guanajuato –Departure-. We travel through impressive mountain landscapes. 09:45 h.- DOLORES HIDALGO, the birthplace of Mexican independence. Visit to the church where the priest “Hidalgo” cried out for independence. 11:00 h.- Dolores Hidalgo –Departure-. 11:45 h.- SAN MIGUEL DE ALLENDE, a beautiful city with colonial architecture and cobbled streets, declared a World Heritage Site. Time to explore. 15:00 h.- San Miguel de Allende –Departure- On the way we will visit ATOTONILCO Sanctuary, known as the “Sanctuary of God and the Fatherland”, a World Heritage Site. 16:30 h.- QUERÉTARO –Arrival-. Time to explore the city, with its attractive colonial centre, parade square and busy restaurants and pedestrian streets.
Queretaro , Teotihuacan , Cholula , Oaxaca
Queretaro , Teotihuacan , Cholula , Oaxaca
Total distance: 60 km 09.00hrs.- Visit included to OAXACA, a UNESCO World Heritage City of Aztec origin with its impressive monumental heritage, after which we go up to the site of MONTE ALBAN, which is set deep in a 400-metre mountain above the Valley of Oaxaca – entry tickets and visit are included. This is the most magnificent of the Zapotec cities. We will also go to SANTA MARIE EL TULE, together with its beautiful church, it contains a two thousand year old tree that has one of widest trunks in the world (this stop can be made on Tuesday morning en route to Tuxtla). Free afternoon in Oaxaca, an extremely beautiful colonial city which is full of life and music in its center.
Oaxaca , San Pablo Villa De Mitla , Tuxla
Total Distance: 505 km Paisagens: Mountains. Small towns en route. Note: A new fast toll road is being built between Oaxaca and the Isthmus. Inauguration is expected throughout 2019. Travel time, when open, will be reduced by approxibately one and a half hours compared to that indicated in this itinerary. 07.00 hrs.- Oaxaca- Departure.- 08.00 hrs.- SAN PABLO VILLA DE MITLA. Arrival. We stop at a this magical town. We allow time for a walk together to the Church of San Pablo dating back to the Sixteenth Century and through its beautiful rustic streets. 09.00 hrs.- San Pablo. Departure. We continue our route in the sierras of Oaxaca towards the Isthmus. Lunch is included en route. 19.00 hrs.- At the end of the afternoon, we arrive in TUXTLA GUTIERREZ, the capital of the state of Chiapas. We will go with our guide to the Marimba Park, where we will listen to a live group playing the Marimba, the emblematic instrument of Chiapas.
Tuxla , Sumidero Canyon , Chiapa Del Corzo , Zinacantan , San Juan De Chamula , San Cristobal De Las Casas
Total Distance: 100 km Landscapes: spectacular Notes: We recommend you to take appropriate waterproof clothing for the speedboat ride.- The visit of the towns of Zinacantán and San Juan can take place on Wednesday or Thursday morning (according to opening times of the church of San Juan). 08.30 hrs.- Tuxtla - Departure. 09.00 hrs.- We will explore the SUMDERO CANYON. Travelling by boat, we will travel for more than 1 hrs up this impressive canyon which is almost 1 km deep and 14 km long. 10.45 hrs.- Sumidero Canyon.- Departure. 11.00 hrs.- Next, we will walk through CHIAPA DEL CORZO, a white traditional and cultural colonial site. Time for a stroll and a coffee. 11.45 hrs.- Chiapa del Corzo. Departure. We enter into the center of the Mexican Mayan culture. We discover 2 beautiful villages inhabited by the Tzotzil Indians. 12.45 hrs.- In ZINACANTAN we can admire the dresses worn by the women and also their small loom workshop-shops. 13.45 hrs.- Zicacantan.- Departure. 14.15 hrs.- SAN JUAN CHAMULA we will be surprised by their church that mixes Christianity with pre-Columbian traditions. Time for lunch. 15.45 hrs.- San Juan Chamula.- Departure. 16.15 hrs.- We continue to SAN CRISTOBAL DE LAS CASAS. Free afternoon in this beautiful colonial city founded in 1528.
San Cristobal De Las Casas , Agua Azul , Misol Ha , Palenque
Visit San Cristobal De Las Casas , Agua Azul , Misol Ha , Palenque
Palenque , Champoton , Merida
Palenque , Champoton , Merida
Merida , Izamal , Chichen Itza , Cancun
Merida , Izamal , Chichen Itza , Cancun
- General Services: Travel by bus with English speaking guide, basic travel insurance and breakfast buffet.
- Includes arrival transfer
- Boat: Boat trip in Xochimilco in Ciudad de México, to the island of Janitzio in Patzcuaro lake. , Sumidero Canyon.
- City tour in : Mexico City, Guadalajara, Guanajuato, Teotihuacan, Oaxaca, Palenque, Merida, Chichen Itza.
- Evening Transfer:: Plaza de Garibaldi in Ciudad de Mexico., Tlaquepaque neighborhood in Guadalajara, Sacred Stones show of light and sound in Merida.
- Transfer: Basilica of Guadalupe in Ciudad de Mexico, Marimba music live in Tuxtla.
- Ticket admission: Cabañas Hospice and Mundo Cuervo Tequila Distillery in Guadalajara, To the Sanctuary of Atotonilco, archaeological site of Teotihuacán, Archaeological site of Mount Alban in Oaxaca, Agua Azul National Park, archaeological site of Palenque, Chichen Itzan site.
- Funicular: Ascent to the Pípila in Guanajuato.
- Air Tickets
- Visa and Insurance
- Extra charges/expenses of personal nature like laundry, mineral water/drinks, telephone or any other charges/ expenses not mentioned in Inclusions Optional Tours
- Transfers on the first day & last day for Airport Arrival / Departure
- Mandatory tips of Euro 2 per person per day for Coach Drivers, Guides etc.
- Rates will be valid till 31 Mar, 2021.
- This is Just a Quotation. No booking has made yet, Hotels / Flights are subject to Availability at the time of booking.
- New GST with effect from July, 2017 is 5% applicable in all packages (Please Check Inclusions in the Package).
- Confirmation of Hotel Rooms is subject to the availability or else we will suggest you the similar option.
- Please note standard check in time is 13:00Hrs and check out is 10:00Hrs. Early check-in will be as per hotel policy which may cost extra amount at the time of arrival.
- Confirmation / Voucher of the Final Packages are subject to receipt of 100% payment.
- Receipt of 50% of the package value in advance.
- Full payment must be done before 10 days of Travelling.
- If Air Ticket is Included in the Package then full cost of Air Ticket to be paid at the time of booking.
- The payment can be made by NEFT, IMPS, Net Banking, Cheque or Cash Only.
- The payment can also be made by Debit / Credit Cards with Extra Cost @2.5% applicable on Total Payment Price.
- Cancellation within 30 Days prior to the arrival date of the tour packages / Hotel Booking / Transportation: No retention charge.
- Cancellation within 15 Days prior to the arrival date of the tour packages /Hotel Booking / Transportation: 50 %retention
- Cancellation within 10 Days prior to the arrival date of the tour packages / Hotel Booking / Transportation or Non-Utilization of the same: 100 % Retention.
- Please note Air Ticket Cancellation charges as per Airlines company Policy (Please check before issuing the tickets)
Terms & Conditions:
- The above itinerary is suggested Tour Plan. The Company is responsible for only those services which are charged from the guest. All other services which are not paid by the guest to the Company are Suggested services and Company is now here bound to provide that service or pay the cost for the same.
- Check in and Checkout Timing of the Hotel will be according to the timing of the respective Hotels.
- Company is not responsible for compensating any loss or additional cost incurred by the guest while taking the tour.
- Rates May Vary as per Euro / USD Fluctuations.
- Company is not responsible, no reliable for any damage, loss or injury caused to any passenger while taking the tour.