avg per person
“Meghalaya” – the place where the cloud resides is a mystical place where you get the chance to move through the clouds, literally. Shillong also known as “Scotland of the East” is the capital city of the state of Meghalaya and is one of the most beautiful hill stations of East India. Travelling through beautiful pine trees and listening to whistles of wind in will remind you of your favourite hill station stories. The frequent sprinkling rains and rainbows of Meghalaya will give you the feeling of far western lands of England and Scotland. Don’t wait too much, come and experience the magnificent scenarios of Meghalaya.
GUWAHATI AIRPORT – SHILLONG (130 KMS / 3 ½ hrs drive)
Meet & greet on arrival at Guwahati airport & transfer to Shillong. Enroute visit Umium Lake. Check in Hotel. Overnight in Shillong.
Full day Local sightseeing in Shillong. Overnight at Shillong. Shillong - The ‘Gleneagle of the East’ lies in the centre of a plateau surrounded by Khasi hills. The gorgeous city offers amazing tourist spots. The city’s own Ward’s Lake is popular for short garden walks & boating. The Botanical Garden offers plethora of indigenous and exotic plants & rare collection of orchids. Lady Hydari Park is a Japanese style landscaped park endowed with stretches of roses & exquisite flowers. The Mini zoo adjacent to the park has about 73 birds, 140 reptiles & mammals. One of the largest Golf courses in Asia is an 18 hole Golf Course is charted amidst a surging valley full of thick pine groves & rhododendron trees. Spend the evening in the splendid arena ! The State Museum is a display of the lifestyle and heritage of the people of Meghalaya. Shillong and its surrounding is dotted with splendid waterfalls cascading down deep valleys forming misty sparks as they break the silence of the surroundings. Elephant Falls is a mountain stream gorging down two successive falls set in dells of fern covered rocks.
SHILLONG – CHERRAPUNJEE – SHILLONG (60 KMs / 2 hrs-One way)
After early breakfast drive to Cherrapunjee (4,400 ft.), the wettest place in the world. You will see the beautiful waterfall known as Nohkalikai. You can also explore the caves known as Mawsmai. Evening return to Shillong, enroute visit Elephanta falls and Shillong peak for some breathtaking views. Overnight stay at Shillong.
SHILLONG – MWALLYNONG – DAWKI – SHILLONG
Morning after breakfast depart for a whole day excursion to Mawlynnong: Mawlynnong Village has earned the distinction of being the cleanest village in India. It is situated 90 kms from Shillong and besides the picturesque village, offers many interesting sights such as the living root bridge and another strange natural phenomenon of a boulder balancing on another rock. Mawlynnong nestled in the pristine hill state of Meghalaya, is along the Indo-Bangla border. This cute and colorful little village is known for its cleanliness. The main occupation of the villagers is agriculture. They mostly grow betel nut. About 82 households live in Mawlynnong. Keeping the surrounding environment clean is an age old tradition. Discover India magazine declared the village as the cleanest in Asia in 2003. A dustbin made out of bamboo is found all along the village. Everyone makes it a point that dirt and waste are not thrown everywhere. All the waste from the dustbin is collected and kept in a pit, which the villagers use as manure. The villagers are now on a mission to ban plastic. The village with cent per cent literacy is conscious and they are spreading the message of conservation and protection of the forest. Locals plant trees to ensure that the virgin forest is kept intact and also replenished. Mawlynnong’s fame is now drawing an endless stream of guests from across the country and abroad. Although residential facilities are still scarce and are in the process of being developed, the existing one constructed from bamboo and thatch is quite hospitable and restful. Mawlynnong is an artist’s delight and the sort of getaway that would titillate creative writers and poets.. Dawki: A day’s excursion from Mawlynnong, Dawki lies but 2 Kms from Bangladesh. Despite the fact that the area is located in a place that has been for years demanding development, one is amazed by the quality of the roads, and the road to Dawki perhaps epitomizes the idyllic hill drive. The black metalled road, offset by the rich, wet green and dark red-brown patches offered a smooth contrast that technology can scarcely capture. The cool, wet air brushes over your face and refreshes and revitalizes you as it enters your body. Dawki is a small village and its main attraction is the Umngot River that marks the natural separation between the Khasi and the Jaintia Hills. The river can be forded by a suspension bridge that connects India to Bangladesh and facilitates trade between the two nations. The Umngot is the site for a boat race that is held in March-April, but even otherwise, seeing this large emerald-green serpent threading its way through the hills, with fishermen’s boats dotting its surface, right into the plains of Bangladesh, is a sight whose majesty echoes long after you leave it. Later return to Shillong. Overnight at hotel.
SHILLONG - MAWSYNRAM - SHILLONG
Today after breakfast go for full day Sightseeing of Mawjymbuin Cave (Mawsynram cave), Naturally formed Shiva Linga, Mwaphlang Dam, Mwaphlang Sacred Forest,Jakrem (Hotwater Spring). Later return to hotel in Shillong.
SHILLONG - GUWAHATI (5 Hrs)
After Breakfast check out from hotel and drive to Guwahati. Upon reaching Guwahati Kamakhya Temple, Tirupati Balaji Temple, Nabagraha Temple, Assam State Museum, State Zoo cum Botanical Garden, Regional Science Centre and Sukreswar Temple (The 6th Jyotirlinga of Shiva). Later go for Dinner cruise at Mighty Brahmaputra. Return to hotel. Overnight at Guwahati.
GUWAHATI - POBITORA NATIONAL PARK
Early morning drive to Pobitora National Park. Later drive back to Guwahati. Evening enjoy sound and light show at Shankardev Kalashetra. Return to hotel for overnight stay.
Post leisurely breakfast transfer to Guwahati International Airport.
- 5 Nights Accomodation in Shillong (Best Holiday Inn / Similar)
- 2 Nights Accomodation in Guwahati (S J International / Similar)
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- 07 Breakfast at the hotels mentioned
- Accommodation for 7 nights 8 days on double sharing basis
- All Transfers, excursions & sightseeing as per the itinerary by private TOYOTA Innova in Deluxe Package
- Below 5 Yrs Child sharing same bed with parents will be Complimentary.
- Parking and all transport related expense including Driver Services
- All toll taxes, parking fees, Fuel and driver's allowances
- Welcome drink on arrival
- All Transport & Hotels Related Taxes
- GST & all Government Taxes
- A 24 - hour helpline.
- Assistance on Arrival.
- No Hidden Cost
- Air / Train Fare.
- Personal Expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
- The above itinerary is suggested Tour Plan. The Company is responsible for only those services which are charged from the guest. All other services which are not paid by the guest to the Company are Suggested services and Company is now here bound to provide that service or pay the cost for the same.
- Checkin and Checkout Timing of the Hotel will be according to the timing of the respective Hotels.
- Company is not responsible for compensating any loss or additional cost incurred by the guest while taking the tour.
- Company is not responsible, no reliable for any damage, loss or injury caused to any passenger while taking the tour.
Please Note :
- Rates will be valid till 30th November, 2019.
- Minimum 4 pax Travelling Together.
- This is Just a Quotation. No booking has made yet, Hotels / Flights are subject to Availability at the time of booking.
- New GST with effect from July, 2017 is 5% applicable in all packages (Please Check Inclusions in the Package).
- Confirmation of Hotel Rooms is subject to the availability or else we will suggest you the similar option.
- Please note standard check in time is 13:00Hrs and check out is 10:00Hrs. Early check-in will be as per hotel policy which may cost extra amount at the time of arrival.
- Confirmation / Voucher of the Final Packages are subject to receipt of 100% payment.
Payment Policy :
- Receipt of 50% of the package value in advance.
- Full payment must be done before 10 days of Travelling.
- If Air Ticket is Included in the Package then full cost of Air Ticket to be paid at the time of booking.
- The payment can be made by NEFT, IMPS, Net Banking, Cheque or Cash Only.
- The payment can also be made by Debit / Credit Cards with Extra Cost @2.5% applicable on Total Payment Price.